Laminate Fatigue Life Time Prediction
LiTiP v1.1 is a MS Windows™ 95/98/NT 32-bit application.
LiTiP (Life Time Prediction) is a software tool for the fatigue
lifetime prediction of composite laminates under proportional cyclic
loading. The part of the solution algorithm which concerns stress analysis
is based on the Classical Laminate Theory, while the life prediction is
based on the Ply Discount method.
LiTiP can be used as a low level design tool by engineers and
students due to the following features:
- a complicated laminate lay-up is allowed;
- cyclic proportional loads to the laminate are applied;
- only elastic constants and S-N curves for a UD composite are needed
as input data;
- a fatigue lifetime of the laminate is predicted. The failure
sequence of plies in the laminate is calculated. Stresses and strains in
plies, stiffness and compliance matrices of the laminate after each
damage event are given.
LiTiP is designed for Windows95 and uses all advantages of its
- an attractive, efficient and easy-to-use interface;
- an effective means for creating new sets of data, as well as
storing, browsing opening, and editing the existing sets of data;
- a built-in small text editor allowing to observe and compare the
results of various calculations in the text mode.
The hardware requirements:
- an IBM PC-compatible computer, preferably with an 80486 processor or
- VGA video adapter.
- Approximately 1 Mb of the program are stored on the hard disk, and
about the same amount of storage should be available for the